Leading Secondary Manager
Lexington’s secondary funds have been organized to acquire global private equity interests through negotiated secondary market transactions.
More than 700 investors in over
Partnership portfolios, secondary
co-investments, secondary directs, hedge fund private equity assets, fund recapitalizations, and captive spin-outs
Complex, multi-billion dollar portfolios to single interest acquisitions
Advantages of Selling
Lexington’s secondary funds enable investors whose financial situations or investment strategies have changed to:
- Sell otherwise illiquid assets
- Obtain cash for their capital accounts from a funded buyer
- Transfer obligations to fund capital commitments to a reputable substitute limited partner
- Rationalize sponsor relationships based on investment results and portfolio objectives
- Eliminate or reduce the managerial task and overhead associated with monitoring private equity investments
- Rebalance portfolios as investment and liquidity objectives change
- Manage private equity assets in a more active manner as with other investment portfolios
We believe we’re an ideal counterparty for most sellers and sponsors. We’re big enough to offer total solutions, and broad enough to be nimble.
of original committed capital
Secondary transactions completed since 1990
Investors in over 30 countries
Why Work With Lexington?
Lexington Partners is the leader in the global secondary market because:
- We provide liquidity solutions to investors
- We are independent
- We are responsive
- We are a strong counterparty
- We maintain an extensive database of private information
- We submit reliable bids
- We can facilitate strategic corporate reorganizations
- We assist in the transfer process
- We are discreet
- We excel at closing deals
- We are an attractive substitute limited partner
The long-term nature of private equity and alternative investments can present secondary market opportunities when factors such as portfolio rebalancing, government regulation, overallocation, and general liquidity needs give rise to investors actively managing their private investment allocations.
Lexington’s counterparty reputation, breadth of relationships and strength of capital are widely recognized by global sellers.
*The case studies above are for informational purposes only and are intended to be illustrative of some investment techniques and strategies that may be used by a Lexington fund and are not representative of all transactions of a given type or of investments generally.